Necessary preparations before the beginning of a diet:
1. Stop taking medication.
2. Try to undergo a general medical examination, especially pay attention to the level of cholesterol, glucose, and insulin in the blood. It is recommended to diet only with good health. In no case is it advisable for diabetics.
The main purposes of the diet:
1. Switch the metabolism of your body from burning carbohydrates, as the most "convenient" fuel for fat burning.
2. Stabilization and maintenance of blood sugar at a constant level to avoid symptoms of hypoglycemia, such as carbohydrate dependence, a constant feeling of hunger, drowsiness during the day, etc.
3. Getting rid of addiction to sweets and other food addictions.
The diet consists of two parts - reducing and supporting .
The first part was created to begin changing the metabolic processes and physical and psychological habituation to new habits in nutrition.
The second part is designed to smoothly achieve the desired weight and maintain it during the subsequent life, without restrictions in calorie content and nutritional value.
The first phase lasts two weeks, the second, according to the author, the whole subsequent life. If in the future the rules of the maintenance diet are repeatedly and roughly violated, and the weight tends to increase, it is necessary to repeat the first phase, and then return to the second.
The rules of the Reduction diet (phase 1)
1. Daily intake of carbohydrates (carbohydrates) should not exceed 20 g per day. For the vast majority of people ketosis, i.e. the process of splitting the available fats, of course, begins at this level.
2. You should not follow the restrictions in calories and the amount of food, but you should eat only when you are hungry and stop eating when you are saturated, but do not eat up painful sensations in the stomach. With insignificant hunger it is recommended to eat a small snack allowed within the diet.
3. Nevertheless, there is a strict restriction. If food is not included in the diet, it is recommended that it be strictly avoided, even in the form of samples, since even a small amount of carbohydrate-rich foods negates the effectiveness of the diet.
4. The diet consists mainly of proteins, fats (mayonnaise, olive oil, butter, etc. in the diet are not limited), and their combinations. Foods containing a combination of proteins and carbohydrates or fats with carbohydrates should be STRICTLY DELETED during all 14 days of the diet, since carbohydrates are excluded.
Unlimited consumption of the following products:
All types of meat: pork, beef, lamb, bacon, ham, dry sausages, etc. (in meat products, you must always look at the information on the package to avoid products with hydrocarbon-containing fillers).
All kinds of fish: tuna, salmon, sardines, mackerel, herring, etc.
All kinds of birds: chickens, geese, ducks, game, etc.
Seafood - contain a very small amount of carbohydrates, it is desirable to look at the package.
Eggs prepared in various ways without carbohydrate supplements.
Cheeses - all kinds of cheeses contain from scanty to considerable content of carbohydrates, therefore it is always necessary to read the information on the package.
Vegetables for salads: leaf salad, radish, chicory, Chinese cabbage, parsley, cucumber, fennel, paprika, celery.
Young shoots of germinated seeds - in small quantities.
Mushrooms. Olives. Radish. Herbs for salads and cooking: dill, thyme, pepper, tarragon, basil, ginger, rosemary, cayenne pepper, garlic.
For salad dressing it is desirable to use any vegetable oil plus lemon juice, vinegar and spices. You can add grated cheeses, eggs, fried bacon cubes.
List of vegetables that can be consumed in limited quantities:
Cabbage of all other species. Asparagus. Eggplant. Spinach. Zucchini. Peas green boiled or canned. Avocado. Tomatoes. Bow. Shoots of bamboo. Artichokes, etc.
In small quantities can be used to fill salad with sour cream, but necessarily including in the total daily amount of carbohydrates.
Water. Mineral water. Herbal teas without sugar. Drinks with sugar substitutes with 0 carbohydrate content (carefully consider the label!). Alcoholic beverages should be avoided during the reduction diet, in the future you can consume drinks, taking into account the content of carbohydrates.
Oils are allowed all natural vegetable, best from the point of view of influence on metabolism - olive, nut, soy, sesame and sunflower, best of all unpurified cold pressed. From animal fats, the best fish oil and natural butter. Artificial fats, like margarines, are strictly prohibited. Dietary nonfat products should also be avoided, since they contain artificially produced oils and have a higher carbohydrate content.
From artificial substitutes for sugar are allowed saccharin, sucralose, cyclamate, etc. Sugary substitutes, ending in -os, like sucrose, fructose, maltose, etc. are prohibited.
Be sure to take note:
1. The 14 day diet completely excludes fruits, bread, cereals, starch vegetables, sweets.
2. Always check the labels, even the approved products, for the presence of hydrocarbon-containing fillers.
3. Use imagination and culinary skills to ensure that from the approved products, which, you will agree, are quite diverse, to prepare hearty and tasty dishes. When dining in a restaurant or on a visit, you can always choose dishes to strictly adhere to the diet.
It is recommended during the diet to take the following supplements:
1. A good multivitamin in minerals and microelements.
2. Chrome (chromium picolinate).
3. L-carnitine (especially effective for physically active people).
It is useful, but not necessary, to purchase strips for ketone testing in the urine, to determine the effectiveness of the processes of fat splitting. But with strict adherence to the norm of 20 grams per day, this is not necessary.
After the end of the 2-week reduction diet, the necessary changes in blood and metabolic processes have theoretically occurred, and now the main task is to find an individually suitable level of carbohydrate intake that meets your goals. So, if the necessary weight has already been reached, then it is necessary to find a level of carbohydrate intake, in which the weight is stabilized, i.e. gradually introduce the most useful types of carbohydrates into the diet and periodically weigh to follow the dynamics of weight changes. If you need to lose weight, you need to find the maximum level of carbohydrate intake, in which the weight is still falling.