In the list of the most valuable products for health, the lemon takes almost the very first line. Indeed, it is difficult to compete with him for the availability of useful vitamins (especially vitamin C, or ascorbic acid) and trace elements. That is why lemons are used so widely in pure form for the prevention and treatment of colds or as additives to many means for caring for the body, and also for the hair.
Vitamins and essential oils contained in lemon, well nourish the hair and scalp, improve their structure and prevent loss, perfectly cope with such an unpleasant and common problem as dandruff . In addition, this wonderful citrus gives a dazzling shine to the hair and perfectly brightens the curls. It is irreplaceable for lemons and for the solution of the problem of fatty hair due to the fact that it is able to quickly dry the scalp and remove excess sebum.
Lemon for hair is used in the form of freshly squeezed juice or as an essential oil in the composition of various masks , balms and rinse. Lemon is suitable for all types of hair. Even a small amount of lemon juice or a few drops of lemon essential oil can do wonders with our hair. However, when using a lemon for hair, you need to follow certain rules, which are given below:
- With a dry type of hair, add fatty components to the lemon masks - sour cream, vegetable oil, as the lemon dries the hair;
- make sure that the pulp does not leave the pulp of the lemon, which when dried, looks like dandruff, and do not leave lemon masks on your head for the night;
- to avoid formation of fatty plaque on hair and scalp skin when using lemon essential oil, wash the head once a week with a special shampoo for deep cleansing of hair;
- Do not use lemon essential oil in masks in the presence of hypersensitivity to the components of the oil or skin allergic reactions;
- if you want to leave the former hair color do not get carried away with masks with lemon, which, with frequent use, lead to a noticeable lightening of the hair.
1. Mask-wrap for oily and weakened hair with lemon, aloe and honey
Mix 1 tsp. lemon juice, 1 tsp. honey and 1 egg yolk. Add 2 tablespoons to the resulting mass. juice of aloe and mix again. Rub the prepared composition into the roots of the hair and scalp, place a plastic bag on top and warm it with a towel. After 40-60 minutes, wash your hair with warm water.
2. Mask-wrap for dry hair with lemon and olive oil
2 tablespoons Lemon juice is mixed with the same amount of olive oil (can be replaced with another cosmetic oil). Apply to damp hair and rub into the scalp, from above to insulate with polyethylene and a towel. After 20-30 minutes rinse with warm water.
3. Mask-wrap with lemon and yolk from hair loss
Juice 1 lemon thoroughly mix with 1 egg yolk and 1 tsp. castor oil . Apply to clean damp hair and insulate. After 40 minutes, rinse with warm water and shampoo. It is advisable to do this mask not more than 2 times a month.
4. Mask-wrap with lemon and onion for damaged and weakened hair
In a small container, mix the juice of one onion, 1 tbsp. lemon juice, 1 tbsp. burdock oil, 2 tbsp. honey and 1 tbsp. shampoo. Mix the mixture thoroughly with a mixer until foamy. Rub in the roots of hair and scalp, from above to insulate with polyethylene and a towel. After 2 hours rinse with water and shampoo.
5. Mask-conditioner with lemon for shine of hair
In 1 liter of water, dilute the juice of 1 lemon. Rinse the resulting composition with hair after washing.
6. Mask-conditioner with lemon and vinegar from dandruff
Rub slightly warmed sunflower oil into the roots of the hair and leave for 1 hour. Prepare a mixture of 3 tbsp. lemon juice and 6 tablespoons. apple cider vinegar, then lightly massage the massage, apply it to the prepared hair. Rinse thoroughly with warm water and shampoo.
7. Rinsing with lemon hair styling
Lemon cut into pieces together with peel and pour 250-300 ml of water. Put the boil on a weak fire until half of the liquid boils off. The mixture is filtered and squeezed. Apply to clean and damp hair before styling.
8. Rinse with lemon for lightening hair
In a small container, mix freshly squeezed lemon juice and vodka in a 1: 1 ratio. The longer the length of your hair, the more liquid you need to cook. The resulting composition is applied to clean damp hair, after which they must be dried outdoors under the influence of sunlight. After 20-30 minutes rinse with water. The degree of lightening depends on the initial color and structure of the hair. So, on the dark smooth ringlets the effect will be more noticeable. The procedure for lightening with lemon should not be subjected to very dry hair.
1. Mask with essential oil of lemon for dry hair
To 4 tablespoons. base slightly warmed up on a water bath of burdock oil add 3 drops of lemon oil and 1-2 drops of ylang-ylang and chamomile oil. Massage the mask on the scalp, spread the remainders through the hair. From above warm the head with a plastic bag and a terry towel. After 30-40 minutes, rinse with shampoo and conditioner. Mask to do 2-3 times a week for 1.5-2 months, after which a break for several months is necessary.
2. Lemon essential oil for oily hair
To reduce the fat content of hair, it is enough to add a few drops of lemon essential oil to the usual shampoo.