Coconut is an exotic product for our latitudes. Nevertheless, due to its useful properties, it has a wide range of applications. So, from the pulp of the nut is obtained coconut chips, which is used in cooking and coconut oil - a great cosmetic for the care of face and body skin, and also for the hair. The benefits of the latter for hair, let's talk in more detail.
The magic properties of coconut oil for hair have been known since the days of Ancient Egypt and Queen Cleopatra. Everyone and to this day is struck by the luxurious head of women of tropical latitudes. Now these secrets have become available to our beauties. After all, coconut oil - a real storehouse of fatty acids and triglycerides, so it is quickly absorbed into the scalp, penetrating deeply into the roots of hair and delivering nutrients to them and while perfectly moisturizing curls.
1. Hair nutrition . Being an excellent nutrient, this oil is perfect for hair of any type, but it is still considered a real find for dry, brittle, damaged and weakened hair, and also in the presence of split ends .
2. Moistening . Coconut oil returns dry and depleted with frequent chemical curls and hair coloring fluffiness, smoothness, elasticity and natural natural shine, strengthens the curls along the entire length, prevents them from falling out and even stimulates growth .
3. Protection . In addition, this valuable cosmetic product is used as a protective and restorative means for hair with adverse effects of the sun, sea wind and salt water, which is especially important during summer holidays on the coast.
4. Antiseptic . Having excellent antibacterial properties, coconut oil successfully copes with such scalp problems as dryness, dandruff , itching and seborrhea.
1. Add to shampoo . Coconut oil can be used both in pure form, and in the composition of various masks and shampoos. When washing the head, it creates a protective film on its surface that prevents washing away the protein and protects the hair from damage when wiping and combing it.
2. Prepare the mask . When used as an independent hair care product, coconut oil is rubbed into their roots and distributed along the entire length of the strands, after which, to enhance the effect on the head, a plastic bag should be put on and wrapped on top with a warm towel. The mask can be left overnight and washed off the next morning, which is especially important when treating dull and damaged hair. To reduce dryness it is very useful after the shower to comb the hair with a comb with several drops of coconut oil applied on it. Elimination of split ends is facilitated by regular treatment with coconut oil after each washing of the head.
Coconut oil can be purchased on the market in specialized shops, and quite inexpensively. When buying, you should choose refined oil from impurities and at the same time you need to remember that only with hair care it is used in pure undiluted form. When caring for the skin of the face, body and hands, coconut oil must be diluted with water. But still the best results are obtained by using coconut oil cooked at home.
The average size coconut is put in a small container. Carefully open it, pour the milk and get the pulp, which grind it on a grater or with a blender. Add 2-2.5 cups of hot but not boiling water to the shredded mass and mix well. Let cool, then cover with a lid and place in the refrigerator. A day later, a frozen layer of coconut oil forms above the pulp. It should be collected in a separate form, melt in a water bath, drain if necessary and store in a refrigerator. Subject to storage conditions, the finished coconut oil retains its properties for 2 weeks.
Contraindications to the use of coconut oil for hair is only individual intolerance, expressed in an allergic reaction to the product.
There are many masks for hair based on coconut oil. The use of various components can increase the effectiveness of the application and enhance the effect of this wonderful cosmetic product.
Recipes for the most popular home hair masks with coconut oil are given below:
1. Mask of coconut oil
Melt a small amount of coconut oil in a water bath and carefully rub it into the roots of the hair and scalp. Top the film and wrap it with a towel. After 1.5-2 hours wash off. The mask perfectly nourishes and strengthens hair, relieves them of dandruff.
2. Coconut mask with essential oils for shine hair
In a coconut oil heated on a water bath add 1-2 drops of essential oils of rose and rosemary . Apply the mask to dry hair, cover it with polyethylene and a towel. After 1.5 hours rinse with warm water using shampoo.
3. Mask for hair growth from coconut oil, banana and sour cream
Half a ripe banana knead in a slurry in a small container. Add to it 2 items of l. coconut oil and 1 tbsp. sour cream with a high percentage of fat. All thoroughly mix and warm in a water bath. The resulting mass of soft massage movements apply to the hair, distributing along their entire length and warming from above with a film and a towel. After 30-40 minutes rinse with warm water and shampoo.
4. Coconut mask for damaged hair with honey
To 2 tablespoons. coconut oil add 1 tsp honey and optionally 2-3 drops of essential oils of lavender or rosemary. Mix well and warm in a water bath. Mask to put on hair and distribute along their entire length, from above to cover. After half an hour, rinse with water and shampoo.
5. Mask with coconut oil and kefir for oily hair
In a small amount of yogurt add 1 tablespoon. coconut oil. Stir, warm in a water bath, apply to hair and warm them with a film and a towel. After 40-60 minutes, rinse well with water and shampoo.
6. Coconut mask with sea salt for oily hair
In a small container, mix 2 tbsp. coconut oil and sea salt. The amount of ingredients can be increased proportionally to the length of your hair. Warm the mixture in a water bath and mix thoroughly until the salt dissolves completely. Apply to the hair along the entire length and insulate. Keep on your head for no more than an hour, then rinse with water and shampoo.
7. Restoring mask for weakened hair from coconut oil, milk and oatmeal
Stir 2 tablespoons each. coconut oil, milk and ground oatmeal. A ready mask to put on hair, from above to warm. After half an hour, rinse with water and shampoo.
8. Nourishing mask of coconut oil with herbs
In 100 ml of coconut oil add 10 grams of chopped chamomile flowers and rosemary. All mixed well and heated in a water bath for half an hour. The resulting mixture is poured into a container of darkened glass and allowed to stand in a warm dark place. 2-3 days before use, the liquid should be heated and filtered. Apply the mask to the hair and scalp, warm it with a film and a towel. Leave for 2 hours, then rinse with water and shampoo.
9. Coconut mask with egg for shine and nourishment of hair. 3 tablespoons oil mixed with one yolk. Apply to the hair for 1-2 hours.
10. Coconut mask for hair growth. To enhance the growth of hair add to the coconut oil essential oil Bey. Three drops of ether will be enough for three tablespoons of oil. Apply on hair for 2 hours.
11. Oil cocktail for hair restoration. A mixture of coconut oil with other oils enhances the beneficial effect on the hair, as it contains a more complex set of trace elements for complex hair restoration. Mix coconut oil with olive in equal parts. Spread evenly over the curls and warm your head for 1-2 hours. For the oil mixture, wheat germ oil, almond oil, castor oil, burdock oil are also ideal.